The Chair of Comparative Political Science (Prof. Dr. Nicole Bolleyer) at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich (LMU) at the Geschwister Scholl Institute of Political Science (GSI) is advertising with a start date of 1st October, 2023 two positions of doctoral researchers. The positions (65%, TV-L E13) ought to be filled as doctoral positions.
We are looking for you:
Doctoral researcher (m/f/x)
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Implementation of a dissertation project that aligns with central themes of the ERC project CIVILSPACE
- Contribution to the publication of research results (individually and in teams) in the context of the CIVILSPACE project.
- Contribution to administrative tasks in the context of the CIVILSPACE project and at the Chair of Comparative Political Science.
- There is the possibility to gain teaching experience in the area of comparative and European politics.
- An excellent MA degree in the social sciences (broadly defined) is essential, preferably in areas related to the CIVILSPACE project.
- A strong dissertation proposal and, relatedly, research goals in thematic areas relevant to CIVILSPACE. See for more information about the current project team and staff at the Chair of Comparative Political Science generally:
- A good knowledge of cross-national data analysis (quantitative and/or qualitative) and a keen interest in survey research and experimental methods are essential. Prior knowledge in the latter areas and knowledge in advanced quantitative methods are desirable.
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of additional (project-relevant) European languages (especially other than German) is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in teams. Prior experience of working in cross-national, comparative research projects is desirable.
- Pay is based on TV-L ‚Entgeltgruppe’ E13. Each post is part-time (65%) with 26.065 hours per week.
- The posts ought to be filled by 1st October, 2023 and are restricted to a duration of three years (probation: six months), with the possibility to extend each post for another six months.
- Your workplace will be in the center of Munich and is well connected through public transport.
- LMU has signed the "Charter of Diversity" and is committed to the diversity of its employees. We actively promote equality between women and men.
- More information on the Family Service of LMU can be found here.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please submit the following in English:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation to do your PhD embedded in the CIVILSPACE project (max. 2 pages)
- Contact data for two referees (referees will be contacted only at the interview stage)
- Outline for a 3-year doctoral research project (max. 2 pages excluding bibliography)
The submission deadline is Sunday, 2nd April, 2023. Please submit your application per Email (one PDF, max. 5MB) to Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Chair for Comparative Political Science, Sabine Zwerger, email@example.com.
Interviews are currently planned for 20th and 21st April, 2023. To allow for the participation of all project partners in the selection process the interviews will take place via zoom.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Professor Dr. Nicole Bolleyer: Nicole.Bolleyer@gsi.uni-muenchen.de.
For more information please click here.
Where knowledge is everything.
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech. Become part of LMU Munich!